These new decorative curtains I made for my kitchen were SO easy, and what I love about them is that I could choose any fabric I wanted. For this, I used a Waverly print from the Williamsburg collection. I chose a outdoor fabric so that these would resist fading, since our kitchen gets a lot of sunlight.
The hardest part about these is building the base. My father built these for me as a birthday gift. You could easily ask someone at your local hardware store if they can recommend anyone who could make similar boxes.
Next, staple a thin, lightweight batting around the boxes. This will give the corners a slightly softer look.
Finally, cut your fabric so it can wrap around all sides of the box. Using a staple gun, staple the fabric around the inside of the box. Make sure to fold the corners carefully (see above) so that the seams are hidden.
To attach, I drilled two 4 inch metal brackets on either side of each window, then after positioning the boxes on the brackets, I screwed the bracket to the underside of the top of the window box.
Not curtains, but I recently switched my vine plant for this fun spiky one and I love how it looks with my Fiestaware!
Gorgeous hydrangeas from the yard. Hydrangea bushes are so incredibly rewarding. I want to try experimenting with acid levels next year (lime) and see if I can get them to bloom pink.